Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Up to Boston


I had went up to Boston the other weekend, and really had not expected to be that nice of weekend, but it was probably the nicest weekend I had seen so far this Spring. It was a warm 65 degrees as I went to see my girlfriend and her old college roommate from Univ. of Pitt. and her husband. They hosted us incredibly well as we traveled all around Boston, walked the Freedom trail for maybe 3 minutes, if that and went down into Boston's Common. It reminded me a lot like Central Park in New York, as it proudly displayed its arboretum. I was impressed being from a suburb of Philly, Boston was incredibly clean and it took great pride in making sure of that. I had an great time there walking into Cheers to grabbing lunch and walking down Newburry Street taking in all the sights and realizing that Simon and Pierce was a franchise, little did I know after seeing it in the heart and center of Newburry St. The only thing I did not like architecturally was their government building. You decide for yourself and let me know what you think being smacked dab right into the heart of historic city.

No comments: